Last Updated on 05/10/2021 by Mandy
Perth is the capital of the state of Western Australia and is one of the most popular cities in Australia. It has a population of more than two million people, making it one of the largest cities in Australia. Perth is also home to some best maternity hospitals which offer excellent care for mothers-to-be.
Are you looking for a maternity hospital in Perth?
If you’re expecting a baby, there’s no better time to start planning your delivery than now! It may seem daunting at first, but it doesn’t have to be. The good news is that there are so many resources out there for expecting parents and their families. We’ve compiled a list of the 5 best maternity hospitals in Perth for your convenience!
We will provide all of the necessary details, including address, contact information, and more so that you can easily access all of the important information before making a final decision. Our goal is to ensure everyone who reads this article finds exactly what they’re looking for with regards to their pregnancy care needs.
- St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- Glengarry Private Hospital
- King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Rockingham Hospital
- Bentley Hospital
1. St John of God Murdoch Hospital
- Located in the Ellesmere Rd & Thirlmere Road, Mount Lawley, this maternity hospital is a great choice for expecting mothers. The maternity specialists at St John of God work with their patients to create personalized birth plans that help them achieve the best possible experience during labor and delivery. They also provide a wide range of specialized care services in addition to standard maternity facilities such as antenatal classes, postnatal support groups, breastfeeding advice, and more!
For more information about the maternity services of St John of God Murdoch Hospital please visit “https://www.sjog.org.au/our-services/maternity” or contact at (08) 9370-9222
2. King Edward Memorial Hospital
- Located in Bagot Road, Subiaco, this maternity hospital is a popular choice for many expecting mothers throughout Perth. The maternity unit at King Edward Memorial Hospital provides maternity services for women who are booked in to deliver their babies at King Edward Memorial Hospital, or for those transferring from other hospitals in Perth. Here you will find all the maternity support services that you need during your pregnancy and afterward including antenatal classes, breastfeeding advice, postnatal care programs, palliative care & counseling services.
For more information please visit: https://www.kemh.health.wa.gov.au/For-patients-and-visitors/Pregnancy-Patients or contact at (08) 6458-2222
3. Rockingham Hospital
- Located in Elanora Dr, Cooloongup this maternity hospital is a popular choice for many expecting mothers living on the south coast. The maternity unit at Rockingham Hospital, they will make sure all of their expectant and new parents feel comfortable and confident throughout their pregnancy experience. They offer a full range of antenatal classes to help you prepare for labor & delivery as well as postnatal support groups which assist with newborn care options such as breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
Rockingham General Hospital offers maternity services for women who are booked into its maternity department either electively by their GP or by the maternity triage service. For more information please visit: “rkpg.health.wa.gov.au/Our-services/Service-Directory/Maternity” or contact at (08) 9599-4000
4. Bentley Hospital
- Located in Mills St, Bentley Maternity Services at this hospital are designed for mothers who live close to the city of Perth. Maternity wards and facilities at the maternity unit at Bentley Hospital provide a wide range of maternity care services such as antenatal classes, breastfeeding advice, postnatal support groups, counselling & family reunions. For those expecting multiples they also offer specialized maternity programs including twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS), high-risk pregnancy management, and treatment plans that take into consideration future pregnancies.
Anyone interested visit https://www.bhs.health.wa.gov.au/Our-services/Maternity-Unit / or you can contact them at (08) 9416-3666
5. Glengarry Private Hospital
- Enjoy maternity services at Glengarry Private Hospital located in Arnisdale Rd, Duncraig. If you are expecting a baby and live close to the city of Perth then maternity services at Glengarry Private Hospital is a great choice for you. The maternity unit provides maternity care services such as antenatal classes, breastfeeding advice, postnatal support groups, counselling & family reunions.
The maternity unit is open and receiving patients. If you are being admitted for observation, treatment, or delivery it’s important that you follow the hospital’s instructions by not wearing any extra clothes from your home because they may give orders about what types of clothing can come into contact with blood upon discharge from our institution for more information please visit: “https://www.glengarryprivate.com.au/Maternity/Maternity-Welcome” or contact us at (08) 9447 0111
We’re here to help you find the perfect hospital for your family. From our list of hospitals in Perth, it’s clear that there are plenty of options available when making this important decision. We hope this list has been helpful and we wish you the best of luck in your pregnancy journey! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Thank you for reading our blog post on maternity hospitals in Perth.