What’s your favourite food to take on a playdate?
Do you bake all day or stop at a Bakery on the way? What do you think is an appropriate playdate Recipe for Mums & Bubs alike?
Do you love to bake for hours before a playdate to take along an indulgent treat for Mums & Bubs or do you stop off at the bakery on the way for a treat to share? that is the question…
I love to bake but for me time is always of the essence so more often then I would like to admit I’m a duck into the bakery on the way for a lovely variety of pastry playdate food kinda gal.
So my thoughts are this: Why not share your favourite recipe you whip together when you are off to a play date. When I do have time, one of my fave Recipe’s for a playdate is thanks to LovingEarth. Now I’ve shared mine, please share yours below…
My Playdate Food: Raw Organic Carrot Cake
- 4 organic carrots chopped
- 1 cup organic sultanas
- 1 cup Activated Walnuts
- 2 tbsp. Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Nectar (or Agave Syrup)
- 2 tsp. vanilla essence.
For the icing:
- 2 cups Really Raw Cashews
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Nectar (or Agave Syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence.
- In a food processer, blend the carrots until they are shredded- but do not go overboard and puree, add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined, leaving the mixture quite chunky.
- Press mixture down firmly into a lined cake tin and place in the fridge.
- Process all of the icing ingredients in the food processer until smooth.
- Spread icing over the cake using either your hands (you may need to wet them to prevent icing from sticking) or the back of a spoon.
- Top with a few chopped walnuts, sprinkle with cinnamon and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
Do you love Organic EVERYTHING? Then check out our online store for Organic & Eco Friendly Baby Toys, Pre Walkers, Organic Nappy Bags etc….SHOP HERE